From the back of the book:
Soloing is an important part of your playing, but practicing on your own doesn’t always get the creative juices flowing—there is nothing like the experience of sitting in with a full band. Though playing with a group isn’t possible every time you want to jam, Sitting In: Jazz Piano brings the band to you anytime so you can practice comping patterns and soloing with the same energy as playing live. The book offers tips and techniques from veteran jazz educators Noah Baerman and Jen Allen to give life to your practice sessions and inspire you to add new sounds to your jazz vocabulary.
* High-quality studio play-along recordings performed by a live band
* Progressions in the most important jazz styles including standards, modern jazz, bebop, Latin jazz, ballads, and more
* Recordings include sample solos, and the progressions are repeated so you can jam freely
* Soloing tips feature scales, modes, comping patterns, and other ideas to develop your jazz vocabulary
* Each tune includes an overview and listening suggestions